Friday 15 January 2016

Problems Logging onto DISCOVER

I have just tried to use my library log in for the first time and I am getting an error message that says my log in is not unique.


Could someone help me get access to Discover?

Thank you for your enquiry I am sorry that you have been experiencing problems. Since the middle of December we have been having issues with logging into Discover via the link on BREO and Library catalogue renewals (Library sign page). We believe it is to do with changes to the auto fill options on Chrome but it may apply to other browsers.

Below are things you can do to try to resolve the issue:

1.Turn off the auto fill option in the browser and try again

Settings, show advanced settings, password and forms, uncheck auto-fill. (Chrome)

2.If this doesn’t work please try a different browser if you are using Chrome, to see if that helps.

3. Otherwise you may need to clear your browser cache

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

3. You could also try to use Discover via:

http://library.beds.ac.uk/record=b1501299~S10

Select the 2nd link Alternative access to DISCOVER (Via UK Access Management Federation)

4. Or try the Discover search box at :


If you have no success please phone Luton during staffed hours 01582 743488

I will look into the telephone renewal line to see what problems there might be there

I hope this helps