Thursday 21 January 2016

Problems accessing DISCOVER

I'm not sure if I have the correct person to contact for this, sorry. I cannot discover at home, it tells me to log in to account but then says my details are invalid

Thank you for your enquiry I am sorry that you have been experiencing problems. I have checked your library account and there is nothing wrong with it. Since the middle of December we have been having issues with logging into Discover via the link on BREO and Library catalogue renewals (Library sign page). We believe it is to do with changes to the auto fill options on Chrome but it may apply to other browsers.

Below are things you can do to try to resolve the issue:

1.Turn off the auto fill option in the browser and try again

Settings, show advanced settings, password and forms, uncheck auto-fill. (Chrome)

2.If this doesn’t work please try a different browser if you are using Chrome, to see if that helps.

3. Otherwise you may need to clear your browser cache

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

3. You could also try to use Discover via:

http://library.beds.ac.uk/record=b1501299~S10

Select the 2nd link Alternative access to DISCOVER (Via UK Access Management Federation)

4. Or try the Discover search box at :


If you have no success please phone Luton during staffed hours 01582 743488

We aim to alert students to any IT issues that the University experiences, with solutions where possible. May I suggest that you follow us on Facebook
or Twitter
@uoblibrary

Or that you follow our Digital Library blog for detailed updates

http://bedsdigital.blogspot.co.uk/

I hope this helps