Monday 4 January 2016

External Customers - Sconul Access

I am a University of Surrey student. I am currently in Bedford for a few weeks over Christmas as it is my home town and was wondering if it was possible to use the Bedford University Library to complete some of my work. I am aware that it will not be possible to take out any books- which is absolutely fine- I was just looking for a quiet place to complete some coursework and thought it was worth asking whether this would be possible.

If so, would it also be possible to use the library wifi?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.


Thank you for your enquiry. I apologise for the late reply but University staff have been on leave over Christmas. Please check with Surrey to see if you are eligible for Sconul Access membership. If you are follow that process. When you have authorisation please apply to University of Bedfordshire following the instructions here

I appreciate this may be too late for this vacation but the membership lasts as long as your course so it is worth doing for the Easter break and any weekends you visit home

Regarding your question about WiFi you may access Eduroam using your Surrey log on so please ensure all your devices have been authenticated.