Tuesday 29 May 2018

Tell Us Library Satisfaction Survey 2018: Vending


Sometimes I stay until very late at the library (nights) and there is no place where to drink or eat something. I think it would be nice to have a machine with hot and cold drinks and something to eat.
I like to read a lot, so even if I don´t have to study I still go to the library. It´s one of my favorite places at the university. I feel confortable and welcome there, be it because of the staff, the space itself or the resorces I have access to while I´m there. I would only make one remark, besides what I wrote before about drinks and food during the night: the resorces (mostly books) in my subject area - Performing Arts, dance -  are quite old and most of the times I have to order books from the National Library or from Luton Campus (where most of the up to date books on the subject seem to be, which is odd, once there are several courses on Performing Arts at the Bedford Campus). I think the library needs to update the spoils they have on this subject, to refresh it and buy new and recent books, including the more technical areas as scenography, light and sound. It´s very important for the students to read up to date literature on the subject they are studying!



We tried vending machines in the recent past and they were not used very much. None the less we are giving this another try and vending machines should be in place in the near future.
There is an on-going activity where Learning Resources works closely with your department aiming to improve and expand the resource offer. This includes a review and revision of reading lists. If you have specific issues please contact your academic liaison librarian for help in identifying resources and maybe identifying new ones to add to stock.