Monday 14 May 2018

Referencing


In my thesis I want to reference Quintilian, Newton, Isaac Walton, Plato, Lewis Carroll and Conan Doyle. (There are other references too!). Questions:
  • It seems silly to use a 1889 translation of Plato and write Plato (1889). How do I do it? 
  • Does it matter that Plato and Lewis Carroll are pen names? 
  • Does it matter that I don't have exact dates for Plato and Quintilian?
  • If I cite a 20th century edition of Isaac Newton is it that edition that I quote?

Could I pop in to see someone? I would prefer the Bedford campus but I do have to go down to Luton at some stage (probably next week)

Thank you for your enquiry. I would advise you to visit the Study Hub for referencing advice and/or speak to your Academic Liaison Librarian who is based on the Bedford Campus

Study Hub drop ins at Bedford are
Mon – Thurs 13.00 – 16.00
Fridays 10.00 – 13.00
First Floor Bedford Campus Library

Academic Liaison Librarian

In the meantime these web pages may be of interest/help