Tuesday 8 May 2018

Filming at Luton Library

I left my home and my 18-month-old son today to come and study in the masonite floor as usual.Is where I study efficiently, and I do not have any problem with standard noise. Today, I have a significant assignment to submit, and I find out that a catwalk photography show held in the library. My house today with my son would be quieter than here honestly. I am writing you to complain because I have asked the manager of the show how long it will take? And he answered me that should not stay here and go to the 6th floor.Of course, I cannot do that I feel comfortable on this floor, and I wish to stay here. I would appreciate if you will not hold such shows in the library again.Library should be a place for study and only. However, is not an appropriate view to see everywhere almost naked women. They dressed for a party, and such a place like a library should not tolerate this



Thank you for raising your concerns in your live chat 28.4.18. The ground floor of the Luton Library is not viewed as a standard part of the general library study environment. Its a drop in space for the general public as well as the University community with a lot of foot traffic, a cafe and general hub bub. The mezzanine floor is an open study space and as it overlooks the ground floor is not regarded as a quiet place to study.

Learning Resources and Service Excellence likes to support all student activity and the University particularly encourages any student filming anywhere on Campus (observing appropriate health and safety precautions). The film crew asked for permission to film which was granted. Filming does not take place very often and the library will continue to be used as a venue for this.

I am concerned that you have not considered using the other library floors to study as they are designed specifically for any learning style. There is social learning spaces on the level 2 & 3 silent study spaces on levels 4, 5 & 6. In between there general work spaces and level 1 is closest to staff help. Please can I encourage you to one of the other floors. If you would like to specify why you don't feel comfortable working on the 6th floor maybe we can find somewhere that would suit you.