Thursday 28 November 2013

Refwork and Nvivo

I'm a doctoral student and have been trying to download RefWorks to my home laptop.  I've gone in via the library catalogue but got the attached message in response.  Please could you take a look and advise how and when I might be able to resolve whatever the issue us?


I'd also like to be able to download Nvivo - my course director has said that this should be free for doctoral students.  Please could you let me know how to get hold of it?

Thank you for highlighting the problems you have been having with Refworks. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.
We haven't had any general problems with logging into RefWorks so I suspect this is something about your account.
I think that the problem has arisen because as a doctoral student you have dual staff and student logins. However as far as the library systems are concerned, your staff username aXXXXXX does not have rights associated with it, and for library login purposes you should be using your student username ie student reg number. I suspect that you have tried logging into RefWorks with the staff username, which is why you've seen this error. Could you try again with the student login, and let me know if there is still a problem? If there is, there may be a problem with how your account has been created.
http://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/guides/RefWorks_Intro
Regarding Nvivo please contact Cherilyn Dance, as a researcher you are entitled to a University Licence for this product.