Wednesday 9 October 2013

External Customers

I was wondering if there was a fee I'd have to pay if I wanted to use the library? 

And what do I need to do to sign up? If I visit the library can I use it as soon as I get there?

Thank you for your enquiry. We welcome visitors to our Learning Resources Centres (LRCs). Priority is given to University of Bedfordshire students but there are a number of arrangements available which maximises what we are able to offer visitors - See more at:

You may opt for Reference use which allows:
use of the study space
reference use of the print materials on the shelves
walk in access to a limited number of electronic products on Guest PC or via Guest wifi access on your own laptop

this will cost you £25 per annum on completion of our application form and submission of a passport style photo

Or you may choose Associate use which allows:
use of the study space
reference use of the print materials on the shelves
up to 4 loans from our Standard or 7 day loan stock
2 University of Bedfordshire reservations
walk in access to a limited number of electronic products on Guest PC or via Guest wifi access on your own laptop

this will cost you £60 per annum on completion of our application form and submission of a passport style photo

It takes 3 - 7 working days to process the application

I would advise you to read our web pages which give lots of advice and information on this service