Tuesday 4 March 2014

Small booking rooms

It would be very useful if we had smaller booking rooms for smaller groups. eg two people or individual rooms. I needed to do telephone supervision with my dissertation supervisor as we can't find a suitable time to get together as I am on placement most days. I need a quiet place in the University to talk to him on the phone

Thank you for this suggestion. I don't know which Campus you are based at so guessing at Luton or Bedford may I suggest:
Bedford: It is not possible within the the current library envelope, to introduce rooms as you describe although they do feature in our major redevelopment plans. The bookable room on the ground floor of the Library should suit this purpose so why not book it? The new Campus Building should offer these rooms but won't be available until 2015
Luton: small rooms will be a part of the new library opening 2015. Meanwhile drop in rooms are available in the Campus Centre and group rooms are available (first come first served) in the Social learning Space of the LRC