Thursday 20 March 2014

Internet failure Overnight 20.3.14

I had come into the library to work last night and the internet wasn't working, I couldn't log in to BREO snd other students couldn't log in at all. I have an assignment due in at midnight tonight 20/3/14 I stayed until nearly 3am and then gave up.

Security reported internet down from 00.45 - 02.55 last night


I am sorry that you experienced problems with logging onto the internet last night at Bedford library
The University's ICT department reports that: We noticed lots of failures too 12.30 - 02.30 and on checking our reporting tool it does seem that Virgin media did being down the WAN links early hours
The various network outages overnight occurred because of a connection problem with the Virgin Media link that supports the campus. This is completely out of the University's control and it is in the hands of Virgin Media to fix the problem.