Friday 4 November 2016

DISCOVER

 am wondering if you can help me, I am currently using discover to do some research for an assignment I am writing. When I was searching, the articles etc it brought up were irrelevant, so I inserted a couple of different words on different topics and it came up with the same results each time. Could you please tell me how to correct this or let me know when it will be corrected. 

Thank you for your enquiry. There is advice and guidance on LRWeb you may find useful
http://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/digital/discover

If you want to visit the study hub on your next visit to the library staff can see how you are using DISCOVER. 

 http://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/studyhub
Two tips come to mind:

1.       Emphasise keywords. Keywords can be emphasised by searching for them in the Title or Abstract for example.

2.       Start thinking about journal publication. Reading lists/recommendations from staff can work quite well in refining results appearing from those publications. DISCOVER has the option of refining by Publication