Monday 21 November 2016

Digital resources from home


I've been told to use the web of science in order to find papers and journals for my assignments. I can access it straight away when I am using a computer in the library on campus but I can't figure out how to do so on my laptop at home. I was wondering if you knew how I could do this? I don't live locally to the university so this would be a huge help!

I have checked your library account and there doesn't seem to be a problem with it.

The University recommends always going into digital resources via the library catalogue

The catalogue entry has several ways to get in, you need to click on the 2nd choice when you are at home, which says
Alternative access to ISI web of science (via UK Access Management Federation)

When you click on that you with get an authentication screen just type in your usual University username and password and you should get in.