Tuesday 2 January 2018

Overnight Loans

I went to renew my books online last week and it says that I'm fined up to a £1 and went to go and pay it on the machine; it said my balance was £0.00. I've gone onto renew my books again and it's saying the same thing. What should I do?

Thank you for your enquiry. I am sorry that you have been experiencing problems in renewing your books. I have looked at your library account and the majority of your books are due back on 8.1.18 so you won’t be able to renew them until then.

You will not be able to renew one item as it has been requested by another person so you must return that item on or before 8.1.18

Only 1 item is over due. It was due back on 13.12.17. You will have received an overdue notice for this item on 19.12.17 as it is an “overnight loan” ie issued for 24 hours only it cannot be renewed and you must return it at your soonest convenience. You will be fined £1 when you return this book.