Monday 8 January 2018

Blocked account

I am just after a bit of help please. My discover is not working on my account I can access ebooks but not any journals etc for my assignment. I think its because I owe money on books that are over due. I am only over due these books because the Putteridgebury campus library got removed and I’ve not had a chance to drop off my books to any other campus. Could you please unblock my account by any chance? I do have the books and my friend said she should be able to drop them off at the Luton campus on Friday.

Thank you,

Your library account has £93.72 of fines and replacement costs for very overdue items and so your account has been blocked until the books are returned or paid for.

You borrowed all 4 items 19.5.17 and Putteridge Bury Library collection closed on 22 July 2017. You have been back at University since October. You seem to have taken the trouble to renew these books 19 times and sometime in November you stopped. When the books became more than 5 weeks overdue they became Billed. Your account was blocked on 22.12.17

When the books are returned on Friday the Bill will automatically change into a fine. As long as your total fines are less than £22 your account will be released.

Due to the high Bill and the fact that you have had these books for 8 months I cannot release your account until the books are returned. In future I would encourage you to keep renewing books you are using (unless someone else reserves them) until you reach the 25 times limit.