Thursday 17 December 2015

DISCOVER

Discover account will work only in IE and not in Chrome. Nobody has responded to my telephone message left with the LRC on Tuesday requesting urgent help. Luckily I was able to trial a few different ways around the error message (you note the error messages are still being reported, on your Twitter feed today). I will look into seeing if the cache on my Chrome browser perhaps needs to be cleared to support whatever changes you have performed recently, but for now I would recommend people to use IE if they want to access Discover - maybe you should create a banner on Breo to help people with this. 

Thank you for your email. I am sorry to read that you didn't get a response to your telephone message, please can you advise me which phone number you used so I can follow it up.

The advice being given via our blogs and social media is
We're still getting reports of this "Sorry, cannot locate your record" error when accessing DISCOVER off campus, particularly when coming from BREO. We think that these problems are down to the Autofill function in the browser putting the wrong values into the login box. We recommend that you either turn off Autofill in your browser or clear the login boxes and manually enter your username and password.

http://bedsdigital.blogspot.co.uk/

We also advise using Firefox or IE (not Chrome) and going directly into DISCOVER not via BREO. Links are on the front page of LRWeb
http://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/