Wednesday 23 December 2015

Billed items

The last time I borrow books at library but when I returned them may be I was put them on self issue machine instead of self return and after that I was return them to the library. Today I received an invoice letter about two books that I was borrow is overdue and I need to pay full for this so what I need to do now. I hope you can help me with this problem.

Thanks for your enquiry. I have checked your account and you have 2 billed items. If a book is more than 5 weeks over due then a bill for the replacement cost of that item is issued
http://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/libraryservices/availableservices/borrowing/fines

The two books were borrowed 28.10.15 renewed twice, 3 overdues and finally a bill was issued 21.12.15

As you claim you have returned these items I will have a Missing Books check started to establish if they are in the library anywhere. If they are the bill will be reduced to a fine. If they are not then the bill is payable. The Missing Book check can take up to 3 weeks (excluding the Christmas break).

Two other books are also on your library account and also overdue – due back 10.12.15
These items must be returned as soon as possible
  
You can check your library account at any time you are online
http://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/libraryservices/availableservices/regforserv/lib-reg
and you can renew your books as long as they are not needed by anyone else and they are not overdue
http://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/libraryservices/availableservices/renewals