Wednesday 13 April 2022

Bedford Capus Library PCs working slow

 You said:

Today I have been sat in Bedford’s university library. The PCs that they have in the library are so old and slow! Considering I had drove all the way here to get some work done, I haven’t got a lot done due to the PCs being so slow! I spoke to a lovely lady who was on the front desk about this, she helped me with everything I needed and showed me lots of new things that I didn’t already know. Someone needs to invest in some new technology for this university! I can’t be relying on a person rather than a computer.

We said:

Thank you for your feedback on the PCs at Bedford campus library. I completely understand your frustration in having to log on to several PCs to achieve the work you planned to do. I am glad you were supported by staff on the day.

The PCs will be checked to see if anything can be done to improve performance and ensure they are connected to the print network. May I advise you that the PCs on level 3 were replaced last summer and are the newest machines in the building. You may wish to consider using those for the rest of this semester.

In addition I am happy to be able to tell you that the PCs on levels 1 & 2 and the ground floor in Bedford campus library will be replaced by 31.7.22