Wednesday 13 April 2022

Visitor Access

 You said:

I am a former member of the Luton campus Library, prior to pandemic I used the premises after work for studying my professional papers which are integral for my employment and progression in my career. 

Due to pandemic (understandably) we were not able to use the Library until further notice

However I am reaching out in complete desperation, in past 2 years I have not been able to make any academic progress, as working from home and family circumstances (wife and Kids) have made it almost impossible for me to differentiate between work life, family life and some study time. My academic progress has lapsed during the 2 years of pandemic and I really need complete my last 2 remaining papers, as required by my employment contract.   

So my sincere request,  if you can please reinstate my Library access (ID provided above) this will enable me to use the premises after work (6-9 pm) and I can focus on completing my remaining 2 papers by the end of this year.  I am already studying towards June sitting however studying from home is very difficult, separating from family (children) and finding a quiet place is almost impossible.

I look forward to your response, hoping you can action this request (I will really appreciate if this can be done sooner so I can start preparing for my June sitting)  

We said:

Thank you for your heartfelt plea. The University has decided to limit the number of Visitors accessing the campus libraries. I have to tell you that our service statement on the web applies to all Visitors (except Sconul Access and Alumni). I cannot make any exceptions.

https://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/libraryservices/membership/external-users/
SERVICE NOTICE: Easter applications: no new applications will be processed from 8.4.22 – 25.4.22
Due to the current circumstances the University of Bedfordshire is limiting the number of Library Visitors on campus.  Please check our website for updates. We only accept online applications.  University of Bedfordshire is only accepting applications from the Sconul Access scheme and Alumni. Please monitor this page for future up dates.

I regret having to let you down and I wish you well. Hopefully we can welcome you back in the autumn