Wednesday 13 April 2022

Children in the Library

 You said:

I need to visit the library over the weekend. I am on placement during the week so it's tricky for me to get there during the week. The only thing is, my husband is working so I would have my children. Would it be ok to bring them along too? I wouldn't be staying for long and I'd keep them under very, very close and constant supervision!

We said:

It is against University regulations to take under 18s into the library (unless they are on an organised tour) 

Bedford campus library has a sofa just inside the main entrance which you could sit on with your children and staff could help you retrieve books from around the library

Luton campus library ground floor is open for member of the public including children so you could work there (there are PCs and a printer too) with your children. If you need help retrieving books ask security to ring the Customer Service desk staff and you can chat to them