Wednesday 13 April 2022

Sconul Access

 You said:

I’m an undergraduate student at Durham University, and I am currently in Bedford for a few weeks. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to use the university of Bedfordshire library (Bedford site) while I am in Bedford?

If so, would I need to go through SCONUL access? Or is there another way? I have sent off an application through SCONUL a few days ago but haven’t heard back. 

We said:
Thank you for your enquiry. You may access University of Bedfordshire’s Bedford Campus Library or Luton Campus library via the Sconul Access scheme

Once you have your email of authorisation from Sconul Access please apply using the online form link in the Sconul Access paragraph on this web page

https://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/libraryservices/membership/external-users/categories/

You will notice from our advice to new applicants that
Please note that due to volume of demand processing may take up to 15 working days. Please be patient. Visitor enquiries will only be dealt with in person at ground floor Customer Service desk/reception 10.00 - 14.00 weekdays. We do not give status reports on application progress by phone or email. Please check staffed hours before visiting one of our libraries. No membership card means no access.

Conditions of Membership are here
https://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/libraryservices/membership/external-users/