Monday 12 June 2017

Opening Hours

Thanks for the reply message.

The Univeristy needing to save money isn't for me a good enough reason to close whilst there is still fee paying students completing their studies.

Yes whilst the attachments may not show the "new" times that are further down the website the Univeristy still continues to promote and advertise that the Library is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This is simply not correct.

As I stated in my previous email, if the Univeristy is willing to accept a March start course then the facilities should remain the same as that of a September start student.

It seems to me that money saving is taking priority over students education.

I look forward to hearing from you.

I understand your frustration I really do. At this point be assured that I am taking your concerns to the Director of Learning Resources and Service Excellence and this will be discussed with the University's senior management team.

The 24/7 x 365 messages were changed today to avoid confusion. I am sorry that this hasn't been the case for you. We used web page information and student email to get the message across. We also repeated the message; first publicised at Easter then in June.

The University's senior management does listen and act on the views of our students so I am passing on your views .