Monday 21 March 2016

Bedford Library Study Environment

I am currently on the second floor, the silent area. However, I have been unable to do any work because of the continuous loud talking among individuals.

The librarian tells them to stop, but then they continue. Perhaps something more should be done since I am unable to do any work done.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. If you reported noise on the Silent Floor a member of staff will give one verbal warning and then issue Written Warning for any subsequent breaches of the Code of Conduct. Our Three Strike range of sanctions are described here

http://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/libraryservices/availableservices/codeofpractice/sanctions

I understand how disruptive it is to keep going to the Customer Service desk to report noise but it is worth it in helping to get this problem under control.