Friday 19 February 2021

Aylesbury

 You said

I have a number of books which I continue to renew. As your lockdown hours at Aylesbury (my local) campus are so restricted, I have been and continue to be unable to get to you to return any books. I am a social work student on placement and the 12- 6 mon to fri hours you are open are completely inaccessible. There continues to be no weekend service -  I appreciate we are working in challenging times, but could a weekend, even a two hour window? Be offered to support students who are also on weekday placements?

 My renewal dates will not extend because I have “reached the maximum” number of renewals.

We said

Thank you for your email. All current loans are automatically renewed so that no-one is disadvantaged by the pandemic. If your items are not automatically renewing it could be because someone has requested the item and you are required to return it. You do not have to renew the books.

 Aylesbury Campus Library has returned to its standard opening hours

Monday – Friday 8.30 – 18.00

It is the only campus to have done this.

 Aylesbury campus library has never opened at the weekend and although I am sympathetic to your request I have to advise you that the University will not be considering an increase in opening hours during a pandemic.

Opening is dependent on a lot of additional issues to keep the University community safe including a robust cleaning regimen.

 I am sorry to disappoint you but I am sure you understand in the circumstances.