Wednesday 12 December 2018

Sconul Access


I’m emailing you as the Head of Reader Services in hope that you could help me resolve this issue.

I applied for Schonul university library access back in October and was planning to come on Monday 17th December to register for visitor access to the Bedford Campus library over the my university Christmas vacation from 17th December-12th January.

However, unfortunately I just checked the library website and it states that no new visitor applications will be processed until the 7th January.

I was wondering if on this occasion, my application on 17th December could be processed as I applied so much earlier on Schonul without realising about the extra Bedford library application and really need to make use of the library facilities for my dissertation?

I’m ever so sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, if needs be I can email over the application form and a passport photo prior to Monday.

Thank you for your enquiry. When you say you applied to Sconul Access in October do you mean you applied for authorisation to use the scheme? I have no record of you applying to use University of Bedfordshire via Sconul Access.

Nottingham will have advised you to get authorisation then apply to the individual institutions you wish to use.

You are correct University of Bedfordshire will not be processing any new applications to Sconul Access until 7 January 2019. I strongly advise you to apply then. This will enable you to take advantage of the scheme at Easter and the  summer holidays - and between times should you wish