Monday 1 October 2018

Signage

I visited your fabulous new library for the first time today and was a little shocked to notice that the big red boards that give details of all the services that are on each level of the library have a pretty bad grammatical error on them, that you may well be aware of... At the bottom of the lists of services it says "PC's". There should be no apostrophe after PC. I felt compelled to mention this as it is a university library and these sign boards are pretty prominent and important. I do hope you'll forgive me for pointing this out. Thank you.

Thank you for pointing this out. The signs were done by someone who is used to using the apostrophe as a space marker as well as a punctuation mark. This didn't sit well with the library team and they were supposed to be corrected over the summer I will look into this to see where we are with this job.