Tuesday 23 October 2018

Self Issue Machines

 Hello, I would like to comment on the system of borrowing books electronically. Is it possible to make it more simple. I have experience a few time of trying to input passport in to borrow library books which turned out that I could not be log in because of typo error as the screen is touch sensitive. Could I suggest a finger print to log in to borrow books instead of using a password? 

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. University of Bedfordshire is on the cutting edge of self service library functions. Finger print log ins are not widely available for large institutions - although some schools do have a version of this. Universities need a robust process that will operate without staff for large numbers of people. Please persevere and I am sure small typos will be a thing of the past.