Monday 26 February 2018

Luton Library late opening

Poor service received today. Library due to open at 06:00 following essential electrical maintenance. I arrived at 06:00 to find the library still closed. I understand that delays occur, however to be stood outside for 45 minutes in sub zero temperatures, without any acknowledgement from the library/security staff, who could see i was waiting. Even when allowing entry to other staff members i was not acknowledged once. When the doors were finally opened, i didn't receive any form of greeting or apology. Never had any issues previously but i felt frustrated and let down by the service today. It's not like i could have just popped home as i commute 40+ miles to get to university.

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns. I was very disappointed to read about the late opening of the library Monday 26 February and the lack of Customer Service while you waited to come in. I have spoken to the Head of Security and he has asked me to please express our sincere apologies. He will deal with the officer concerned. The instruction was clear to open the library at 0600hrs. I can arrange for you to meet up with the Head of Security if you would like to.