Thursday 12 May 2016

Bedford - print job

Whilst printing out my work, a print error occured and I received 16 blank pages. I spoke to a member of staff who was the rude and aggressive when i asked for help and then refused to help me. Please can you contact me regarding this (8.3.16)

Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. Its been over two months since this incident so I am surprised that you are raising it now. I have investigated this incident and can report:
You approached the desk at 8pm 8.3.16. I believe you requested a refund for a printing error on your part. The University does not refund print costs for print jobs sent in error which is what happened here. 
I understand that you felt eligible for a refund as we could re-use the paper. Used printer paper cannot be re-used because it will have picked up molecules from the printer heads. You said to the member of staff that it was your own mistake because your very first words when you approached the desk were, "I've been a right doughnut..."


The member of staff was neither rude nor aggressive as witnessed by two other members of staff
There are staff available to help you with print queries at all times
Or you could use the information here
http://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/libraryservices/availableservices/printing