Friday 22 February 2013

SPSS


I am trying to download SPSS to use for my dissertation. I am in my 3rd year studying Sports Therapy. I downloaded a copy from the library in 1st year, however that is now not working. I have been through the library website, logged in and got a license code however whenever I try to download it, it says the file is corrupt. Am I doing something wrong? I really need it ASAP, is there a CD copy in the library that I could use?

SPSS is available as version 19 now which is retrospectively compatible with older versions. If you follow the instructions on this web page:
You should be able to download the new version.
 
If you have any problems please pop into the LRC or ring (01582) 743488 and a member of staff will try to help you over the phone
 
I have tried to answer your question as thoroughly as possible. If you need me to expand further or if I have missed anything out please get back to me.
Your course is supported by Janine Bhandol- Academic Liaison Librarian
she will help you by email or on a 121 basis with any research queries you may have.
Janine has created support pages on LRWeb for your course and you may find these useful
If you have any computer skills that need updating/refreshing our Computer Skills Training (CST) team run workshops on a regular basis at Luton and Bedford Campuses
why not check out the timetable to see if anything catches your eye? In the meantime they have also created a series of on-line guides which may be helpful to you
Our Professional Academic Development (PAD) team can help you with any writing or numeracy support you require. Their timetable is here
They also offer 121 appointments if you prefer