Monday 26 January 2009

Noise in LRC after 10pm

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry about the levels of noise you have been coping with recently. As your comments seem to be about the service between 10pm - 2am I feel I must clarify that there are no quiet/silent study spaces available at that time. The IT Suite is a quiet working space and the Social Learning Space is what it says, a comfortable social environment designed for group and discussion work. I am afraid that it is inevitable that noise levels will be louder here than in a traditional library space.
Security will intervene (and I will pass your comments to the Head of Security) but within reason. Undue noise can be reduced but there will always be the noise of human interaction at all times both in the IT Suite and the Social Learning Space. Please continue to report unacceptable levels of noise in the IT Suite to security and they will patrol to reduce the overall volume. I am sorry but you'll have to put up with the fact that these areas will at best, only be "quiet". They are not intended for silence.