Wednesday 20 December 2017

Bedford Library - Level 2 Silent floor

I am a frequent visitor in the University of Bedford library in Bedford. Overall, I think it is an excellent and convenient place for me to study, and I enjoy my time being in the library most of the time.

However, there has been numerous occasions recently that people were talking loudly to each other or on the phone on the silent floor. I did not confront them, as I am not a member of the university and I think it’s not right for me to do so.

I know it’s nearly Christmas, and there aren't a lot of students in the library at the moment, but I do believe people should follow the library rules regardless how quiet or busy the library is.

All in all, I hope the library could do something to ensure there is minimum unnecessary noise disruption to everyone visits the library.




Thanks for bringing your concerns to my attention. Level 2 is Bedford's silent floor  and this environment should be maintained at all times. If it doesn't please go down to the ground floor Customer Service desk and report your concerns to the library staff or security who are on duty and they will assist.