Monday 3 July 2017

Sconul Access

I have just completed my second year of study at the University of Northampton. In preparation for next years dissertation I was planning on starting some reading around my topic area and was suggested from my lecturer that university students can access books from other university libraries when at home for the summer. Is this something that the University of Bedfordshire offers and if so how do I go about taking out books from your library.


I live near Bedford and subsequently, borrowing books from your library would make more sense whilst I’m home over the summer.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please check with  University of Northampton on what your allowances are under the Sconul Access scheme. Full time under graduates are normally allowed reference access to member institutions not loans. Northants is best placed to answer this for you.

If you wish to progress Sconul Access membership please see our information on our website. It’s a 2-part process. Part 1 where you apply to Sconul Access to join the scheme then Part 2 is where you apply to the institutions you wish to use.
https://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/libraryservices/exusers/free