Wednesday 26 July 2017

Luton Library Study Environment

I have been in the UK for more than 18 months and since I started studying in 5th 6th floor in the new library start feeling down because of less oxygen. Please take care of the ventilation system on library in 3rd,4th,5th 6th floor. Not all student have that stamina to study in oxygen less area as compare to ground floor the air is fresh. I am feeling bad for complaining about ventilation system I appreciate this university for providing us this facility but there is no fresh air which give me motivation to sit and study continuously

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Please be assured that the library works on a forced air system which draws air in from the roof and pushes it around the building through vents you may have seen in the floor. Circular silver coloured grilles? This system is typical of all sealed buildings and works very effectively. If you have concerns about oxygen levels please make an appointment to come and talk to me and we can look at the system in detail to reassure you.

If you have concerns about motivation to study may I suggest talking to Student Services
https://www.beds.ac.uk/student-experience/studying-at-bedfordshire/student-support

or the Study Hub
https://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/studyhub@library