Thursday 20 July 2017

Alumnus - remote access query

When I last graduated, The Dean stated during our graduation ceremony that we would always have access to the Universitys online library services. I can no longer log in with my previous registration code. Can you please tell me why?

I sincerely hope this issue can be resolved; as this was our parting gift from the University (upon my third graduation from this particular University).  


Many thanks for your enquiry.
I would suggest that this access was an incorrect memory. In 2015 some students were told that they would always have access to their Google Mail. Unfortunately this offer has had to be removed due to cyber security concerns.
There has never been an offer to continue access to e-resources after graduation as this would put the University in breech of licensing agreements with digital providers. There is limited access if you visit the Campus and access materials on site but graduates have never had remote access once they have graduated.
You may continue to access our website and the resources that offers but you cannot link to learning materials or items on the catalogue or DISCOVER.
I understand that you will be disappointed but there is no way round this.