Wednesday 12 October 2016

External Customers

I would like to renew my membership. Would you advise me to apply for a new membership this week, or would it be best to apply nearer to the expiry date? I cannot afford any interruption in my study, so it would be ideal for me not to wait for a week or more for my new ID card, past the expiration date.

Also i have an issue with my existing ID card when upon using the new Learning Resources building facilities. For example, I have a problem in swiping my card when i use the front entrance automatic swivel doors. The scanner does not recognise my card, therefore the doors do not automatically allow me access. I had to call security on more than one occasion to allow me in,  but generally, most of the time, they do seem to allow me access to the premises without me using my ID card.

Another issue I have discovered is that I cannot use the silent study rooms, again the scanner does not recognise my existing card to allow me access to the rooms. Is there a problem with my ID card? Or does it need to be replaced with a new ID card?


Finally if you can remind me, what form of identification, alongside with the application form and a photo passport size, is needed to successfully process my application. 

I would advise you to apply as soon as you can. We have a new card for external customers which should allow them to swipe into the Luton Library revolving doors so it should make access a lot easier

You do not have to swipe to enter the silent rooms on levels 4, 5 & 6

If you mean the group study rooms (they’re smaller) on level 2, 4 & 5 external customers do not have access to these rooms.

All the information about making an application for External Customer membership is on our website

Proof of ID and address usually can be covered by a headed letter from a utility bank or other formally headed letter. ID can be driving licence or any other photo ID eg work or Uni ID