Monday 15 February 2016

Luton - Study space and exams

I don't feel as though I should have to wait until the evening to use a computer because that would have been the only times the rest of the library would have been free for us.
Also, I agree there are other computers but there were none with two together which we need as we are working together; which also excludes silent study due to us needing to be able to talk.
I understand it may take long to set up but surely you could leave the doors out across the it suite and then just have the door open for people to use during certain times?


I am sorry that you feel that there weren't two PCs available together during the day at Luton LRC. I must say that I know that there were PCs available for joint working as I was on duty at Luton yesterday. If you ever have trouble locating available PCs staff can help you. Please ask for help at the Customer Service desk or wander around the LRC to check spaces for yourself. The Park Street End of the LRC (level 1 or the ground floor) has some lovely locations for paired work and I think this would suit you well. 
There are PC availability screens as you enter the LRC on the ground floor and level 1, this could also help you find a suitable study space.
I agree that group[ work excludes the silent floors from your choices but the Park Street End as well as the Church Street end would be fine.
PCs are reconfigured for exams so I am afraid leaving the doors open would only frustrate anyone who tried to use an exam PC as they wouldn't have the same access as other student PCs.
I sympathise with your frustration but there really are facilities available for you during exams at Luton. There is a floor plan that will help you find your way around
For peace of mind you may choose to book a PC to ensure that you have a PC to work on

http://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/libraryservices/book-a-pc