Tuesday 2 February 2016

Alumni services

I would like to use the scan system but I am told its not allowed for me. I am not sure why this is as it does not cost you any loss. I know other alumnis who would like to use this service.Please have this service in place asap.

Many thanks for your enquiry. Learning Resources adds to the range of services available to the University's Alumnus community via the service offer specified here
http://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/libraryservices/alumni

I will look into making sure that it is clearly stated on our website that access to print services is not included.

Learning Resources' scanning facility is available via our multifunction printer/photocopies/scanning machines. To use the service you must have University ID to authorise access to the network, University email account and a University print credit account - which must be in credit. Scanning does not cost anything but to access the service there must be some money on the account.
http://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/libraryservices/availableservices/scanning

Alumni do not come into this category so this cannot be made available at this time. I will however forward this suggestion as a service improvement for  managerial discussion.