Tuesday 16 February 2016

Luton - PCs logging out

My complaint is about this whole logging out of computers! It does not make sesne to me that I have to be logged out in the middle of my work!
This is ridiculous I'm final year student and extending time should be allowed!! And not allowed to log in stupid!

Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. I am sorry that you got logged out of the PC you were working on. There may be two reasons for this:
1) if you do not use the keyboard for ,ore than 15mins the PC will log off as it considers itself abandoned
or
2) if you are using a PC from the bookable area you will be asked to extend your "session" via a pop up reminder on screen and you will need to opt to extend your session. There is a brief session around midnight where this is not possible and it could be that you got caught up in that.

If you regularly save your work to your network space or a USB (NOT the desk top) you will not lose any work.
My best advice is to use PCs from the general PC areas so you don't get caught up in the booking software. if in doubt please ask staff at the customer service desk.