Wednesday 8 April 2015

Variety of Study Environments

I would like to raise some ideas to make our library better.
In my view, library is a study zone where may need quiet and peace especially within stack room.
So could the library distinguish talk zone from study zone, and mark symbol obviously which zone is quiet zone please.
Let's make us better!

Thank you!

Thanks for bringing your suggestion to my attention.

May I point out that both Bedford Library and Luton LRC already have silent areas. At Bedford it’s the second floor and at Luton its levels 2 and 3. Other areas are for group and individual study are suits the needs of the students at our University.

http://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/libraryservices/availableservices/study-env

Unfortunately Aylesbury and Butterfield campuses do not have capacity for silent study areas.
UCMK should have a silent study room from September 2015

I hope that helps