Friday 15 August 2014

Refworks

I am an MA student. I wanted to ask if there is any way I can access endnote remotely from home, either by downloading it or logging onto some online portal etc?

The University uses Refworks to create and manage your references not Endnote. RefWorks is a web based reference management system that allows you to create and manage your references; import references from databases (such as the EBSCO collections) ; import references from the University's library catalogue and automatically formats reference lists in a chosen style (such as Harvard).
 Learning Resources has created this Just a Minute video to tell you about it

To access go to the Library catalogue and search for ‘refworks’. Click on the link (make sure you chose the on-campus or off-campus option). You will need to create your own personal login when you first use it. You will then receive an email with some additional information about the service such as the Group Code. If you have any problems accessing the system, contact your Academic Liaison Librarian or any of the Learning Resource Centres' helpdesks. Alternatively, Refworks provides a quick start guide, excellent online tutorials and a section of FAQs.


I have tried to answer your question as thoroughly as possible. If you need me to expand further or if I have missed anything out please get back to me.