Wednesday 28 May 2014

Late arrival

I am a PhD student, I missed most of introduction week , there are some problems with me using e-library,

I have tried to search for conferences and papers related to my topic in IEEE .I have found them but it's not possible to open them for reference. For example I have searched for the terms like "evolutionary computation" and "genotype and phenotype for evolutionary models" and there is few documents related to them but couldn't open them. It seems that it is available online but needs a subscription. I used uni network and from different user  but still unable to access it. Please can I get an appointment to get this sorted and also familiarise myself with the use of different resources in the e library.

Thank you for contacting me. I am sorry that you seem to have been having problems finding research materials. Am I correct in thinking that you are using the prescribed route ie
library catalogue: http://library.beds.ac.uk/

and still having no luck?

I think you need to have a chat with your Academic Liaison Librarian Chris Whitfield, he will rehearse the research routes and authorisations needed for University materials

If its appropriate Chris will also outline our Document Supply Service which will give you access to materials outside the University

In the mean time may I draw your attention to the Subject Guide Chris has created for your subject area 

There is a wealth of information on these web pages to help you. This may be of interest to you too 

I would suggest that you contact Chris with some urgency and make arrangements to discuss your needs with him