Friday 1 March 2013

Finding your way around the LRC


I am looking for books in the LRC for my upcoming assingments using the LRC Catalogue website. Howver, I am confused as the code number is given on the website but not what floor the book/s is located.
For example, 302 HOF (Cultures and organizations : software of the mind : intercultural cooperation and its importance for survival / Geert Hofstede, Gert Jan Hofstede and Michael Minkov)
Please could you advise me on how I can work out what floor a book is located on, as I cannot find this code on the second floor of the LRC

I am sorry you are having trouble finding your way around the LRC. There are guidance signs all over the LRC. If you don't find these helpful please ask the staff on the Customer Service desk to help you. They will be pleased to take you to the correct area.
 
Items with the Dewey number 302 are on level 3 of the Luton LRC.
 
I have tried to answer your question as thoroughly as possible. If you need me to expand further or if I have missed anything out please get back to me.
Your course is supported by Aalan Bullimore- Academic Liaison Librarian
he will help you by email or on a 121 basis with any research queries you may have.
Alan has created support pages on LRWeb for your course and you may find these useful
If you have any computer skills that need updating/refreshing our Computer Skills Training (CST) team run workshops on a regular basis at Luton and Bedford Campuses
why not check out the timetable to see if anything catches your eye? In the meantime they have also created a series of on-line guides which may be helpful to you
Our Professional Academic Development (PAD) team can help you with any writing or numeracy support you require. Their timetable is here
They also offer 121 appointments if you prefer
http://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/help/pad/one2one