Tuesday 28 November 2017

Reservations

I am furious!!! It hasn’t been easy for me since the start of this academic year as it’s become extremely hard to borrow books from the library. Previously I used to order online and get them delivered to Putteridhe Bury campus, but now that’s been shut down which means that being a resident of Chesham which is nowhere near either Luton, Aylesbury and forget about Bedford or Milton Keynes it’s become ridiculously hard to borrow books.
Yesterday I went to the Aylesbury campus to pick up the books I had reserved. Turns out the desk was closed!!! It wasn’t even 5:00pm!!!! I had to drive there after work, drag my kids with me after school only to find out there was no one to serve.
I’m paying for me education and deserve a better service. The university needs to put a better system in place for residents like myself to make the book borrowing easier. I do access books online but you cannot deny the need of having a copy right there in front of you so you don’t have to trawl through finding the book.
I look forward to hearing from the relevant person.

Thank you for raising your concerns. I am very sorry that you have been having problems with collecting your resources. As you are taught on the Luton campus requesting items from any campus and having them delivered to Luton would seem to be your best option. Luton Library is open 24/7 and reservation collection is self service so there are no barriers to  getting your resources.

Unfortunately last week Aylesbury experienced some staffing issues with two members of staff off sick hence limited cover of our normal staffed hours. This is very unusual and I am sorry for the inconvenience.