Wednesday 8 March 2017

Luton Library - Use of Group Study rooms

It's 2 o'clock in the morning and I have a deadline due in 8 hours. I have just had someone come in to a group booking room where I am working through my essay with two of my colleagues and randomly start a conversation with us regarding a religious group at the University called 'First love beds'. Whilst I completely respect their group and what he believes in, I do not appreciate someone interrupting mine and my colleagues work at 2 o'clock in the morning and just showing pictures of their group and what they do. If it was earlier during the day, this would of been fine. He knew what time it was and he knew we had a deadline to get to. Even when I politely asked him to leave, he still proceeded to carry on with the conversation. And he also asked for one of my colleagues numbers which I think is completely out of order seeing as she doesn't know him and no idea who he is which she felt she had to give to him in the end giving the time and she just wanted him to leave. I must say he seemed like a very nice guy but I just think it was very out of order what he did.


Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am following up the "First Love Beds" interaction with our chaplaincy teams.

For your own peace of mind: if you are in a group room ie a bookable room
Please make sure you have a booking
Keep the door closed

If you have booked a group room no-one else can get into the room unless you give them a PIN number
https://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/libraryservices/availableservices/bookings/parksquare