Monday 26 January 2015

Aylesbury Catering

Today I was attending a lecture in the oxford house aylesbury campus. I normally have lectures in luton but in my 3rd year half of the lectures are based in luton and half are based at aylesbury as half of my cohort of midwifery students are based in aylesbury. I was aware of the food card system but was unable to purchase one previously. Today I was told that I could not purchase one by university of bedfordshire reception staff as I was not based at aylesbury despite having half of my lectures at oxford house. I was unable to share a food card with anyone who did have one either. This left me hungry and cold as there was no hot drinks machine either, a feeling which was not conducive to my learning needs. It is appalling that I cannot eat or have a hot drink at a campus that I spend so much time on because of where the computer says I am meant to based. If this is not rectified soon I will be writing a complaint. 

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am sorry that your study day was made so uncomfortable through lack of food or a hot drink.

I regret to say that this was done in error by a new member of staff.

Unfortunately at that time Learning Resources staff were unable to catch up with you so could not rectify the error on the day. The next time you are at Aylesbury please be reassured that you are eligible to collect a CafĂ© Card.
The staff member has also been clearly briefed to avoid any confusion in the future so I hope this will not happen again.