Wednesday 17 September 2014

Reservations for Putteridge Bury

I am a student at the Putteridge bury campus and it has come to my attention that I cannot reserve books to be picked up from the Putteridge bury library as that option is not available when reserving online. As I am a part time student and live quite a way away from the other campuses, I was wondering if there was a way to order books to be sent to the Putteridge Bury library.

Hope you can help!

Thank you for taking the trouble to write to me about your situation.

I am terribly sorry but there are no staff at Putteridge Bury who can administer the Reservations collection service. The message on LRWeb says:

Due to circumstances beyond our control we can no longer staff Putteridge Bury library. This means that Putteridge Bury stock cannot be reserved and Putteridge Bury is no longer a reservation collection point. When you reserve other materials from the library catalogue please select the next most convenient campus to collect your books from ie Butterfield LRC, Luton LRC, Bedford Library, Aylesbury LRC or UCMK

Access to the print stock is offered for a limited time and the University would ask you to issue and return your items without staff help. If you get stuck please ring 01582 743895 for assistance

You are advised to take advantage of Luton LRC or Bedford Library as they are open 24/7 x 365


Butterfield Campus is not far from Putteridge Bury (although there is no direct route across the dual carriage way to Butterfield) and Luton is 3 miles away. As Luton Campus LRC is open 24/7 x 365 this may be the best option for you to choose to collect your reservations.

I am sorry I cannot help you further