Monday 29 September 2014

Putteridge Bury - Reservations service

 I am sure you are aware of the fact that we (Applied Education Studies) have limited library access at our Putteridge Bury Campus. It seems that none of us were given any formal warning of this or real reasons why. Only a piece of paper stated that the university can not man the library. While it may seem simple for us to collect books from another location I can assure you it is not. I work fulltime and have a family which adds extra demands on my time. I do not have any spare time which allows me to travel to another campus. I chose to study at this campus due to it being convenient to my home, work and children and pay a lot of money for a service that I will now not be benefiting from fully. It seems at the moment we can still borrow books from the library I suspect these will get fewer and fewer as time goes by. How is a library service incorporated into university fees? Surely we are entitled to a fully functional library. This is our final year at university and could really do without the added pressure of having a very limited library. If I need to contact somebody else regarding this matter please let me know, alternatively forward the email on to the correct person. I look forward to hearing your response. 

Due to circumstances beyond our control we can no longer staff Putteridge Bury library. This means that Putteridge Bury stock cannot be reserved and Putteridge Bury is no longer a reservation collection point. When you reserve other materials from the library catalogue please select the next most convenient campus to collect your books from ie Butterfield LRC, Luton LRC, Bedford Library, Aylesbury LRC or UCMK
Access to the print stock is offered for a limited time and the University would ask you to issue and return your items without staff help. If you get stuck please ring 01582 743895 for assistance
You are advised to take advantage of Luton LRC or Bedford Library as they are open 24/7 x 365

We are trying to work on an interim solution so we can re-introduce the reservations service so in the meanwhile please select the next most convenient campus to collect your books from ie Butterfield LRC, Luton LRC, Bedford Library, Aylesbury LRC or UCMK