Wednesday 16 July 2014

External customers' loan allowance

I am a postgraduate student  studying for a Masters in English Literature. I am currently doing some research for my final dissertation project on the novels of Jane Austen.

I have an Associate Library Access Card for the University of Bedfordshire, to allow me access to the library and its resources. I visited yesterday to borrow some books, and found that I was limited to borrowing a maximum of 4 books.

I understand that not being a University of Bedfordshire student, I am not entitled to the full borrowing allowance of 20 books, but I wondered due to the nature of my research, if it would be possible to increase the number of books I am allowed to borrow at any one time? The library has a lot of books relating to Jane Austen, and I would like to utilise these if possible.


Any advice you can provide on this matter would be much appreciated.

Many thanks for your enquiry. Within the terms of the Sconul Access scheme all our external associate members have the same loan allowances. It is set into our Library Management System.  I am sorry I cannot extend your loan entitlement.

This information is displayed on LRWeb

http://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/libraryservices/exusers/free