Monday 17 May 2021

Overdue Books

 You said:

I would just like to check. My library account says I have been charged for a book, however when I collected the books I had rented, I asked the librarians about returns as I live over two hours from the campus and wasn't able to return until the end of the semester (I informed them my deadline was the 4th June so definitely not before then) and they said that would be fine. They said there wouldn't be a charge for books out at the moment because of the lockdown restrictions. I'd just like somebody to confirm this as I can now see there is a charge for the book below. I am not happy seeing that payment anyway because of the advice I was given onsite however I am also worried about that going up as I do not have the time to drive up and back before my deadline. 

We said:

Thank you for your email. I have reviewed your loans and can say

All your loans (total 13 items) are due back either 13.4.21 or 24.4.21 – all are about to become Billed

The item you wrote to me about is already Billed because it was requested by another student so you were no longer able to qualify for automatic renewals and the item was due back 6.3.21

 You can check your library account any time by logging in to the “Renewals sign in on the library catalogue here:

https://brum.beds.ac.uk/patroninfo

and using your usual University username and password to authenticate in.

 Please can you advise who gave you the loans advice on campus (or at least date, time and where would be helpful) so training can be put in place so this doesn’t happen again.

 In the mean time I have asked staff to investigate your account further and hopefully in the next few days you we see that the Bill has been lifted and all your books have be renewed.

 If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.