Tuesday 22 October 2019

Social Work Resources

I'm a Social Work student and I've found that for all my unit there about 8 or so copies of the core text book in the library including some 'library only' copies. The only exception to this as the book ' the skilled helper' by Gerard Egan, of which there are only 2 copies displayed in the library catalogue and no library only copies. There is an electronic version, but I doubt I'm the only person on my course who dislikes reading off a screen. Some more copies of this text or a couple of library only copies would be greatly appreciated if possible. 

Thank you for your comments. Your Academic Liaison Librarian has been in discussion with your academics and

  • additional copies are currently on order
  • looking into alternative titles to help ease the pressure on a few titles
There was an announcement on BREO last week (17.10.19) with this information.


You should be seeing these changes soon